Monday 1 January 2018

Looking Back At 2017 & It Was A Pretty Awesome Year!


We are day one in 2018 and so far it still feels the same as 2017, however, overall 2017 was a weird and wonderful year.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still struggling with mental health issues and I’m still chasing that dream job. Yet, I seriously can’t complain about 2017 because I was able to experience some fucking amazing things.

The main highlight was being able to speak to LEGO Batman director Chris McKay before he got the Nightwing job and I was pushing him as the perfect helmer for The Flash. He’s a seriously awesome bloke and I can’t wait to hear official news about his Nightwing movie – casting etc.



Beforehand I was also able to chat with well-known film journalist Mark Hughes and we talked about the DCEU and his set visit to Justice League.



Then in the backend of the year after months of chasing, I was to talk to the awesome photographer and all round great bloke, Clay Enos. We talked all things photography and working alongside director Zack Snyder on the DCEU films.



The final film work thing was talking to the half Kryptonian/Amazonian Samantha Jo as we talked about her experience working on the best superhero film of 2017 – Wonder Woman.



Briefly away from work, I went to see the legend that is Hans Zimmer Live and now I’m hoping to have a summer tradition because YES! It is as incredible and wonderful as you think it would ever be.



Only a few weeks later I went to see Mischief Theatres’ tour production of The Play That Goes Wrong in Southampton Mayflower. Now in next couple of weeks, I’m hoping to see these talented people for their Movie Night.


Back to the work side, attending the world premiere of Murder On The Orient Express was an experience and touring and check out the costume and sets of Justice League. Then going to the Aviva Premiership launch and talking to players and couches was equally as awesome.



Overall, yeah I’ve had some bad/low days but I’ve such an awesome 2017. Let’s see if 2018 can match it? I’m hoping so!

No comments:

Post a Comment