Wednesday 30 January 2019

ZACK SNYDER IS BACK MOTHERF*CKERS


That’s right bitches, Zack is back and in his words “no one’s ever let me completely loose” as he signed on to direct the horror thriller Army of the Dead for Netflix.

Snyder will be producing the film, as well as helming, alongside his producer wife Deborah and it marks a return to filmmaking partners since the awful tragedy of the suicide of their daughter which resulted in them stepping away from Justice League.

As The Hollywood Reporter stated this is an original story from Snyder, with the script written by Joby Harold. The film will be set during a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas as a man assembles a group of mercenaries to take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantined zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.

This completely mental idea that suits the Man of Steel director as he will be returning to his roots as his debut film was the remake of Dawn of the Dead back in 2004, which is seen by many in the film world as Snyder’s best.



Speaking of his adaptation to THR, “I love to honor canon and the works of art but this is the opportunity to find the pure joyful way to express myself though a genre. It will be the most kick-ass, self-aware – but not in a wink-to-the-camera way – balls-to-the-wall zombie freakshow that anyone has ever seen.

“No one’s ever let me completely loose [like this].”

The project was under Warner Bros, but Netflix will now be taking over and has given it roughly $90 million budget as filming set to begin this Summer with a 2020 release.

Snyder tells THR “there are no handcuffs on me at all with this one” with this being aimed at this former studio home Warner Bros.

Fans have been waiting to see how the filmmaker returns as the Snyder’s have been understandably away from the spotlight spending time as a family and spending time raising money and awareness for suicide awareness causes. They’ve also repackaged their production company, Stone Quarry (formerly Cruel & Unusual Films).

Army will be seen as a palate cleanser and cathartic experience for Snyder and you can see the excitement in these quotes adding “I love big action, I love big sequences.

IMAGE VIA CLAY ENOS
“My movie brain starts clicking around and I was like, “We need to be shooting this now!’ Constructing these sequences really fired me up.”

Additionally, despite enjoying the big tentpole films, Zack is more excited to getting his hands dirty again having the camera in his hands.

I woke up to this news, which by the time was about seven hours old but was still dominating Twitter with fans excitement and if I was Netflix I’d be looking at this and think about taking to cinemas for a run.

This could easily be Netflix’s most excited and highly anticipated film they’ve ever announced will likely break records for the most watched original film.

I’m a fan of Snyder’s and honestly can’t wait to see what they’ll bring and do. Hopefully, his filmmaking partner-in-crime Larry Fong has to come onboard as the cinematographer of the film. As for the cast, I and plenty of fans hope Ray Fisher be the film's lead as he continue to show love and support for the man who casted him as Cyborg.


Then I won’t be surprised Snyder will find one or two kick-ass female’s with one of them hopefully Samantha Jo (who starred in Zack's short film Snow Steam Iron) if available Jason Momoa could get involved and I’m sure they’ll be an acting legend.

IMAGE VIA CLAY ENOS

Even though I’m excited for Zack, this film and know he’ll break ground (because he’s ZACK FUCKING SNYDER). However, I’m not a fan of horror films so I’m not sure I’ll actually watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment