Thursday 21 December 2017

Ben Affleck Talks About His Batman Future & Still Wanting To Direct A Batman Movie

IMAGE VIA CLAY ENOS/ WARNER BROS

The circus around Ben Affleck’s future continues as he revealed some interesting comments when he spoke to Daily Sabah (via Batman News).

Even though he was still pretty vague about his own future playing Bruce Wayne, but I think seems to be hinting slightly towards the exit door but there could a slim chance depending on what Warner Bros and DC decide to do moving forward.

However, one thing is clear Affleck wants to direct a Batman movie. It revealed the reason he couldn’t get the movie he was planned to helm before Matt Reeves took over was down to the script.

“For me, it’s interesting, and I always evaluate this stuff on the merit of the material,” said Affleck. “I want to direct a Batman movie, and I never got a script that I was happy with, so they [Warner Bros] are starting over and writing another script.”

IMAGE VIA CLAY ENOS/ WARNER BROS

As for his own future in the cowl in the DCEU, Affleck revealed “I think a lot of different possibilities I think for the way the DC Universe could go, and I will follow my interests in pursing that. And I know that I love working with this group of people, and it was a real joy for me to this movie [Justice League].”

As I said above I do think he’s going and we’ll find out for sure in 2018 as I feel Warner Bros will make an announcement about Reeves’ The Batman and Affleck’s future.

This will be followed by news Affleck will be focusing on directing for the time being.

Elsewhere, if news comes out in a few years Affleck will be directing a Batman movie I’d be super excited about it because the 45-year-old is a great director. If you’re a fan moaning about this saying “you don’t want him near it” you’re mental.

No comments:

Post a Comment