Thursday 12 January 2017

The Day In The Life - Ben Affleck


Hey guys, Ben Affleck here, but you have to call me Big Batman Ben, I’m super excited for you to read what it’s like to be Ben Affleck for the day.

I’m flying to my favourite cold, raining and grey capital city called London, that’s where the Queen lives, to talk about my new film and passion project called Live By Night. However, people don’t seem to care about this film and only ask me about Batman and I love that so much hahaha.



I love talking about Batman, he’s my favourite character ever (not Daredevil, red didn’t suit me) I spent year and a half of blood, sweat and stress to write this period gangster film just to talk to journalists about The Batman (not the official title, but film bloggers like it so way not). I get so happy talking about Batman my forehead gets all read and tense and you can see the veins popping out with excitement.

Recently, I was on my favourite talk show called Jimmy Kimmel Live. Jimmy doesn’t like my best friend Matt Damon very much and that makes me sad, but I like Jimmy we sang a song once about having sex with me (that was nice of him). Anyway, we talked my brother Casey Affleck and I was so happy for him to win an award no one cares about hahaha I’ve got two Oscars.



As you can see the Affleck brothers love growing beards, we’re having a competition to who can grow the better beard and I’ve won because being the bigger brother I always win. Plus I have grey in my beard and it makes the DC fangirls crazy and increases their daddy fetish (which isn’t weird in any way).

IMAGE VIA ANDREW H. WALKER/VARIETY/REX/SHUTTERSTOCK

Back to Kimmel, he even asked me about The Batman and I confirmed to still be directing and writing.  He also showed me a new image from Justice League and I saw how good I looked and it’s nice to see myself as Batman.

IMAGE VIA WARNER BROS/ CLAY ENOS

As I’m getting closer to boarding my Batman plane, I look about to how much of an awesome time I’ve been having from acting in Batman v Superman – writing Live By Night – directing & starring in Live By Night and doing press for BvS – reading the reviews from my friends – starring in Justice League – writing the script for Batman and between doing press for The Accountant and Live By Night. I’ll also be in the editing room for Justice League.

I’ve done so much in the past two years, I haven’t slept, but I’m loving it because I’m Ben Affleck and Batman.



***TWO HOURS LATER***

Hey guys, sorry for being away. I had a conference call with all the wonderful people at Warner Bros and it got loud as we were talking about our favourite subject – The Batman. WB was trying to be funny and said I had to keep to a schedule, but I reminded them I’m Ben Affleck and it seem to put them in their place.



Anyway, since I have some time, instead of the much-needed sleep, I’m going to continue to write my Batman script and look at images of Tim Burton and Chris Nolan to see if their inspiration adds to my greatness. I also have a bin called the Joel Schumacher haha weren’t his films great.

IMAGE VIA WARNER BROS

To give you some insight into my writing zone, I have the Batman animated theme playing on repeat and reading and reworking a part of the script written by Geoff Johns and we're almost getting there. In case you don't know who Geoff Johns is - he writes for DC comics and people say he's “my boss” which is adorable. Johns is a super clever nerd (I’m a cool hunky nerd) and a nice guy and we work together so much we fight and cry watching The Notebook to let off steam.

I want to find out why we chose Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke. After watching him as Big Dick Richie in Magic Mike XXL, I thought he would be perfect for this version of the deadly assassin Slade Wilson and Jennifer was fully on board too.



I thought you awesome people, since you've been so awesome, should know Jared Leto’s Joker will be making a cameo, but he’s going to look a bit different. WE’RE REMOVING THE STUPID FUCKING “DAMAGED” TATTOO OF HIS FOREHEAD, but Jared is a sweet guy and we made a deal meaning if does any stupid shit on set, I kick him in the nuts.

IMAGE VIA EW/ WARNER BROS/ CLAY ENOS

Anyway, guys, Big Batman Ben needs to get some sleepy sleep and dream about finally announcing to all my friends around the world that filming for The Batman as began because then all my buddies can LEAVE ME ALONE A LET ME MAKE THE FUCKING FILM.

Let me know if you want to see different days of my life because I feel like I’m on repeat at the moment and I’ll make sure it happens.

Peace,

Ben A x

No comments:

Post a Comment