Monday 25 February 2019

Things Are Going To Get Wrong As Mischief Is Coming From Stage To Screen


For the past years, I’ve been a massive of Mischief Theatre I’ve seen three of their shows and they’ve played an important part in my life and it makes me so happy to write this story about the group getting their own TV series.

The Mischief Theatre team and will be working with the BBC after two successful Xmas special to bring to life The Goes Wrong Show.

The show will be a six-part half-hour episode filmed in front of a live studio audience and will see The Cornley Drama Society bring their brand of theatre to a number of genres including World War II spy-thriller The Pilot (which isn’t the pilot) and gripping courtroom drama A Trial To Watch. However, their endeavours will be held back by prolific over-actor Robert Grove, screen-hogging Sandra Wilkinson and the artistically mistrusted Dennis Tyde.

IMAGE VIA BBC/ LEFT TO RIGHT - SHIELDS, SAYER, LEWIS
All the members from Mischief Theatre will be starring and writing the series and they include Henry Lewis, Jonathan Sayer, Henry Shields and Nancy Zamit. Additionally, Charlie Russell, Bryony Corrigan, Greg Tannahill, Dave Hearn and Chris Leask.

Honestly, it’s about time this team got a show at either the BBC or Netflix as they’ve been blazing a trial for a number of years now since their show The Play That Goes Wrong becoming an international success especially when you have JJ Abrams as a producer at the Broadway show.

As I said above Mischief Theatre have been around for some important moments, I first saw their brand of comedy in The Comedy About A Bank Robbery after I suffered from my first ever panic attack at work and had to finally tell my parents about my mental health issues after keeping it secret for two years.

Then I finally got around to see The Play That Goes Wrong in Southampton when it went out on its UK tour and was at the final night of their limited Mischief Movie Nights last year having issues with my mental health during the Xmas period and turning 25.

I’m now looking forward to seeing them back on a London stage in October for their new show Groan Ups.

Mischief and BBC are working with Lionsgate and they’ll be handling the international rights and filming is set to begin in March in Manchester.

No comments:

Post a Comment